Friday, August 24, 2012

CHANGES TO CUSTOM ORDERS

Thoughts on custom orders...


I want to take a few moments out to explain how custom orders will now work in my shop, post grand re-opening.

Back in April, after putting my shop on hiatus, I decided, due to my injury, that I had to slow the pace down a bit and do some re-evaluating about the way I run things.  My injury was a direct result of the overuse and overworking of my arm.   I decided to make a couple of key changes:

-New items listed on the 15th of each month
-Changes to the way I do custom orders

Listing new items together and only on the 15th of every month was one way of helping me toward that goal of slowing things down.   The second was to take on fewer custom orders and tweak the way I do them.

I enjoy making new and different items.  I like the challenge and excitement of creating something I've never done before in miniature.  I have to admit that I get a little giddy, actually.  That remains the same as before.

What will change however is that once I sell out of an item- even some of my shop staples, I will most likely not be able to offer it again for some time.  I have struggled with this change to my shop for awhile,  but unfortunately I have learned that I cannot possibly fulfill each and every request.  I am a stay at home mom with two busy young girls and a household to run as well.  My Etsy shop is a creative and artistic outlet for me.  I very much enjoy creating for the dolls, but I am one alone, with a limited number of hours in the day. So that means that when items sell out they will not be available again for some time, not even as a custom order.  In an effort to be fair to all, I can no longer hold items that I make in limited quantities.  I have so many requests for shop staples that I simply cannot satisfy them all.

So then, still....what is a custom order?   I am always taking orders for custom color swirl lollipops as favors for doll parties.  Those can take up to only a week or so to complete.   If you want something very specific for your dolls, or your daughter has a favorite unusual food, just ask.  It may not always be something that I can do, but I am always happy to field requests.  It's the old cliche, it never hurts to ask!



1 comment:

  1. So happy to have you back and I am so excited to have your blog to follow! What a welcome addition to the Doll World.

    ReplyDelete