Monday, April 15, 2013

BIRTHDAY FUN

One of my favorite things to do with my dolls- that I rarely have time to do anymore- is putting together photo stories.  My real life girls used to enjoy getting involved, but they don't seem too interested in helping these days.  They are more into Video Star and Instagram - and they seem to prefer their Lalaloopsy dolls, which is I suppose I have to admit I don't mind too much- since I am a bit fond of them as well.


I had been planning for a awhile to do a fun birthday party scene to help celebrate the "cake" theme in my shop,  but the past week was filled with a visit to the ER with my 8 yr old and the stomach flu all around.... so time and events this week were not my friend.

Finally over the weekend I was able to throw together this scene.   It's honestly less photo story and more photo shoot to be honest.  I just wanted to take some fun pics of a birthday party scene, making use of the confetti party cake I made and the helium tank I purchased for another upcoming real life birthday.   The mini balloons are water balloons- they are the perfect size for the dolls.   I filled them with helium and away they went.  One caveat: they did not stay airborne for very long, only a few short hours. 




                     This weekend it was my doll Holly's (center) birthday.

 Best friends Sally and Nicki (respectively far left and far right) decided to throw a little birthday party for their friend.  They invited all their good friends from school and the neighborhood. 




 Every 10 year old wants cake and presents and balloons too- of course- and their best friends surrounding them with well wishes on their birthday.   Rounding out the crew are Paris, Serafina, Katie (seated) and Kayla (just barely).


.



Finding printed gift wrap that works for the dolls is not an easy task.  These wee papers were made especially for me by my sister-in-law, a graphic illustrator.  She created the prints so that they were in perfect scale to the dolls.  I adore the variety of colors and fonts she chose.  I wrapped them up and dressed them in bows and ribbons. 

                                  

                  And just what was waiting for Holly in that biggest box?



                                     
                               Holly's favorite- her very own unicorn!!


This little felt creature was purchased from a shop on Etsy.  Holly could not have had a more magical day. 

1 comment:

  1. I have awarded you the Violets & Daisies Brilliant Blog Bouquet Award. You can read more at: http://steampunkaddie.blogspot.com/2013/04/flower-power.html

    ReplyDelete