Tuesday, March 18, 2014

KITCHEN NOTES

First I want to start out by saying that I wish I had more time to devote to my blog.  I know it must feel neglected at times, sitting quietly waiting in the corner for some attention.  Day to day it's just not the squeaky wheel.  

Hats off to those bloggers who can seemingly do it all.   I cannot.

For the upcoming month of April, my shop theme is going to be......

Bakery Treats and Sweets

Yes, I know, more sugary goodies.  My dolls love their pastries, cakes and pies.  So that's what's in store for April 15th. I will have a complete list up on my blog in the beginning of April.


HISTORICAL FOCUS


This past February I devoted the entire month to doing just foods for historical dolls. There were foods from the colonial era up the the 1970's.   It was incredibly fun to research and create, melding together ideas drawn from some of American Girl's historical book series and also from popular every day foods from each of the eras.   I have realized though, that one month wasn't enough. Not even close.  Each era and each doll truly need a fuller, more detailed focus.  So in the coming year I plan to do just that.
More details to follow soon.



AND THE AWARD GOES TO...


Recently I was doubly honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award by fellow friends and bloggers  Steampunk Addie  and Among the Dolls .
This award started in Germany a few years back for new bloggers- as a way to help promote their sites and just all around generate warm internet fuzzies, if such a thing exists.  In German, Liebster generally translates to dearest, most beloved, etc.

The rules:  post the award on your blog, answer the 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you, then nominate your favorite blogs.... asking them in turn a different set of 11 questions.


Here goes:

The questions for me....


  1. What is your favorite toy ever made?     Scrabble
  2. What is your favorite toy you ever had?    Barbies
  3. What is your favorite color?  red
  4. What is your favorite scent? jasmine blooming
  5. What is your favorite moving picture?    West Side Story
  6. If you could time travel, when and where?   beginning of the universe (if there was one at all)
  7. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who?   Abraham Lincoln
  8. What event in history would you change, and why?  The assassination of Abraham Lincoln.  I always wonder how this country might have evolved otherwise.  
  9. Are you a geek, or a nerd?   Geek
  10. What would be your superpower if you could choose? time travel
  11. What would be your supername be?  Teresa   ;) 

Blogs I am nominating:

Le Blog de Sabine et ses Amis


Questions for them.....and for anyone else reading this, feel free to answer!

1. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
2. What is the most frivolous thing you own?
3. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop lollipop?
4. What is your least favorite word?
5. Where do you wish you could be right now?
6.  Name one 20th century invention that will be obsolete within the next 20 years.
7.  Use one word to describe your favorite place.
8.  Why?
9.  What is your favorite time of the year?
10. What is the one skill you wish you had that seems to come naturally to some others?
11. Name the one person who has inspired you the most.

Thanks again ladies, for the nomination.




4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to hear you are going to offer more foods for the Historical girls! I missed out on February but would love to pick up some things for my Kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I can't wait and neither can my dolls! Are you making anything for Kaya? I also am excited for the Bakery Treats! I will definitely buy any snicker doodles or brownies you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To answer the Kaya question...I don't have plans at this time to offer foods for her. I know she must feel sorely neglected. Her and Josefina. I do plan to definitely offer more historical foods in the future though.

      Delete
    2. Okay, thank you for clarifying. Can't wait till the fifteenth!

      Delete